This will be a short post. I'm knocking wood mentally as I write this: I'm finished with radiation! I went to my final treatment on February 11. The six weeks went by incredibly quickly, partly because I befriended a couple of women in the waiting room and we would chat while we waited for our appointments. A couple of times we went out for lunch afterwards. On the last day I got to ring a bell to signal I was finished. My friends and my sweet doctor and nurse joined me for photos. My next step is to start taking a pill called Tamoxifen, which I'll take for the next five years, followed by a different pill (don't remember the name) for another five years. My oncologist told me Tamoxifen is the most important part of my treatment because it reduces the chances of recurrence more than chemo and radiation (but doing all three is important). Later in the year I have to go through some more surgery, so I'll keep you posted.
Yay! So glad that you finished!! I'll be thinking of you!!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Heather.
DeleteCongratulations, Julie! That's the best news! I'm so happy for you. A carefree spring awaits!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Kitty.
DeleteHi,
ReplyDeleteI am sorry to hear that you are going through this. I'm glad the treatment is going well and that you're done with chemo and radiation--that is great!! I will keep you and your family in my thoughts. Big hugs to you.
Thanks, Julia.
DeleteJulie, what a lovely person you are!! I am so sorry to hear that you have been ill. I am glad that your treatment is going well and I will be keeping you in my thoughts!!!
ReplyDeleteAw, thanks, Melissa!
DeleteJulie, what a lovely person you are!! I am so sorry to hear that you have been ill. I am glad that your treatment is going well and I will be keeping you in my thoughts!!!
ReplyDelete